Marketing in a noisy industry is tricky. Intense competition makes it hard to stand out. Fortunately, we have a huge variety of SaaS marketing tools to automate and optimize your inbound efforts.
Where B2C companies are often focused on fast customer acquisition for one-time purchases, B2B businesses rely on repeat customers for the bulk of their revenue. The long-term goal of SaaS marketing is customer relationship management by acquiring new customers while reducing churn. Recurly puts the average B2B churn rate at about 5%.Here are four different types of digital marketing tools to help you attract new customers, retain existing ones, measure your success and boost productivity.
Increase Sales and Demo Signups
The initial challenge of any business is attracting new customers. It’s a big topic, so we’ll just cover a few proven SaaS marketing tactics.
Create Amazing Video Content
Wistia is one of the easiest video platforms online. It allows you to track metrics about people who watch. Features include heatmaps and viewer trends, and you can embed CTAs or signups via email. Freemium plans start at free for 3 videos and scale up to fit your needs.
The program includes SEO and allows team collaboration. Drag-and-drop makes videos simple to put together.
- Share video content on any social media account or web page
- High quality videos
- Reporting and tracking
Word of mouth advertising is arguably the most powerful tool you can have. ReferralCandy makes it easy to automatically track referrals and reward your customers for recommendations from your website, social media, or email.
- Easy to set up
- Good customer service
- Boost your search engine ranking
Add Social Proof
Putting social proof on your pages without coding has never been easier. Proof makes it simple to show your potential customers they’re making the right decision. Check out the Appcues success story to see how they increased their conversion rate.
- Simple to use – no coding necessary
- Super fast load speed
- A/B testing to see what works best
- Analytics reports in real time
Personalize Your Website
Welcome your visitors and guide their journey by supplying fresh content catered to their needs and interests. Experiences website personalization features include dynamic personalized CTAs that entice users to take the next step and download your awesome content or sign up.
- Integrates with your existing systems to build customer profile personalization
- Simple to use
- Enhances user experience and builds customer relationships
- Measurable results
If you’re launching marketing campaigns without tracking metrics, you’re flying blind. SaaS growth metrics give you insight into how well your content marketing strategies are performing and what makes your website visitors respond most favorably.
One of the oldest and most reliable analytics tools online, Google Analytics gives you the tools you need to better understand your customers and refine your digital marketing efforts. The basic program is free and integrates with the Google suite of tools. Using Google Analytics allows you to track and measure your website performance, see how a specific landing page performs, and analyze website visitor behavior.
- Free and secure
- Easy to set up – just copy and paste a code snippet into your page HTML
- Track different websites using the same dashboard
Bare Metrics is a website visitor tracking SaaS product and lead generation tool designed to help websites using Stripe move transactions through. Integrate with shopify and other ecommerce platforms so your sales team can track each sale as it happens. The easy-to-use interface offers actionable insights into revenue data and grows your monthly recurring revenue (MMR). After the 14-day free trial, plan pricing is based on current MRR.
- Data updates every 30 to 60 minutes
- Helps reduce customer churn
- Instant Slack notification on failed purchases, expired cards, and incorrect card numbers so you can offer help to save the sale
Numbers help you see what users are doing, but they don’t tell the whole story. Hotjar is an analytics tool that features heatmaps, session recordings, conversion funnels and more. This data helps you see exactly what people are doing while on your site – not just the pages they visit and how long they stay there.
- Includes polls and surveys for customer feedback, with behavior logic so they are only shown when relevant.
- Visitor recordings let you see visitor behavior to quickly identify usability issues.
- Determine exactly where visitors are falling off of your conversion funnel.
If you’re not monitoring and taking action to reduce customer churn, you’re wasting money. The lower the percentage of customers who stop you using your product or service within a certain amount of time, the better. Retaining existing customers is more cost effective than acquiring new customers.
Subscription-based services always run the risk of losing money because of credit card failures. ProfitWell aims to reduce that with data to help you retain more customers. Everything is handled for you as the software connects directly to your billing system.
- Only pay when your recovery rate increases.
- PCI compliant
- 100% ROI guaranteed
Regardless of how wonderful your offering is, you’re not going to be able to keep 100% of your customers 100% of the time. Since you have to build a cancel experience for customers anyway you could just optimize the process to help you retain more of them.
- Create and test targeted offers to see which are best for retention.
- Integrate with many other apps to create automated workflows
- Offer library includes options such as: pauses, discounts, extensions, plan changes, and more.
SaaS Marketing Automation
Klaviyo is an automated ecommerce email solution. Customize your emails for highly targeted and personal responses triggered by events. It integrates with Shopify, Zapier and popular SaaS programs to pull useful data and provide actionable insight.
Customer list segmentation
ChatBots make it possible to instantly connect SaaS companies with customers and visitors while on their website. Immediate communication creates an experience for the consumer that is more involved and makes the overall process easier for them. Drift is the top interactive marketing platform and is used by a variety of businesses to help increase revenue and attract new customers and potential sales.
- Improve customer communication on the spot
- Customizable messaging for your specific business
- Instant response provides great customer service
- When additional help is required, customers can be passed to live team members for more in-depth answers
When a shopper makes a purchase, cart emails keep them informed at every point. SaaS tool ARPU automatically sends confirmation and update emails for every order to keep customers informed and up-to-date.
- Increase the value of orders with suggested upsells
- Inform customers when orders are shipped
- Inform recurring customers of upcoming renewal
Well-crafted SaaS marketing strategy requires a complete set of tools to automate processes, improve customer support, and provide insights that can be used to refine email marketing, landing page conversions, content marketing strategy, and future product offerings. These tools will help you understand your customers and optimize your marketing spend.